Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Attitude

I just finished reading the book "Touchdown Alexander" written by football great, Shaun Alexander. I found the following quotes that really spoke to me......

Psalm 37:4....Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

"I want to encourage people to set goals for their lives - the higher the better. If we think big and believe big, we'll act big and move in big ways. As a result, we'll enjoy life in a big way. Life really is to enjoy - to have fun and laugh a lot. If we're not enjoying our life, something isn't right."

"There's no price tag on what we do for others."

"There's never any way to repay kindness and love - except to pass it on."

"I realized I was so busy looking to the left and right that I was missing what was in front of me. I had been distracted by other things. I needed to turn my focus onto God."

"We have two choices in life: giving ourselves up to the world and its values and amusements - or we can give ourselves to Christ and let Him guide us."

"God's best is always worth the wait."

"God wants to give us what we most desire but won't give it to us until we're ready to put away all the other toys."

"God truly blesses those who are willing to wait on Him."

"Money isn't a goal, it's a means to get to a goal."

"True faith in God happens after we have done all we can and have reached the end of our own resources. That's when we can still believe and call on Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment