Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ain't Love Grand
By Dana Taylor

"I never know what you're going to do or say next....When I'm with you I feel..I feel..needy. I've never needed anyone before. I've never wanted anyone like I want you...When you're with me you fill in gaps I didn't even know were there. Today you made my house come alive, and now it will feel empty if you're not there."

"So, what's the problem?" I whispered.

"The problem is I know you're going to change everything in my life. It will be busier and brighter and spinning out of control. And, I don't have any choice because I love you and want you and need you and you're not going anywhere except home with me."

"Don't I have any say in the matter?"

"No."

Warm emotion bubbled up from my stomach and into my throat. I threw back my head and let the laughter loose. He loved me! I reached my arms around his neck and pulled him down into a joyful kiss. He really loved me.

At first, his response was restrained. Then, suddenly, he let himself go, whipped his arms around my back and joyfully returned my kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment