Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chasing Fire
By Nora Roberts

"We're not kids. We've both got more years behind us than ahead. When we have a chance for someting good, we ought to take it."

"I learned how to be happy on my own. It was good for me, to have that time, to find out a little bit more about myself. What I could do, what I could do without. I'm happier with you."

"I've made us both sad, and here I was thinking about being happy."
"People who are together get to share both. I want to....share both with you."

"You're the answer before I even asked the question."

"What is it you're supposed to feel?" she demanded. "I can never figure it out."
He cleared his throat. "Maybe you should ask another woman about this kind of thing."
"I'm asking you.....I'm not asking about sex, Dad. I know about sex. You tell me you love her, and I can see it all over you. I can see it, but I don't know how it feels -- how it's supposed to feel."
"There's a lot that goes around it. Trust and respect and --" He cleared his throat again. "Attraction. But the center's a reflection of all of those things, all your strengths and weaknesses, hopes and dreams. They catch fire there, in the center. Maybe it blazes, maybe it simmers, smolders, but there's the heat and the light, all those colors, and what's around it feeds it....when love's a fire, whether it's bright or a steady glow, hot or warm, it creates. It makes you better than you were without it."

"I love you. I love everything about you. Your voice, your laugh....Your face, your body, your hard head and your cautious heart. I want to spend the rest of my life looking at you, listening to you, working with you, just being with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment