Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Siren's Call
By Matthew S. Urdan

When tragedy strikes, there's not much left to do except to turn to friends and family for support, if they're the type who will give it.  Or you can turn to God...A dog will always understand and be there to support you no matter what the crisis.

If someone dies in the family -- whether it be an adult or a newborn baby, or even the despised cat, the dog will mope around all dejected and forlorn for days or even weeks.

Ultimately, however, you have to rely on yourself and find some way to deal with life's worst moments.

I'm not trivializing human friendships.  But they're rarely based on unconditional love, admiration, and respect.  When you find a friendship like that, you find proof of God's existence.  And when you're in a friendship like that, and one of you is hurting, it's possible to imagine the depths of God's sorrow as man breaks His heart over and over again.

"I need you.  A lot.  But you need me too.  So don't push me away because you think I have too many problems to deal with that I can't handle yours....If we can't count on each other, if we can't heal our souls here, together, then...where does that leave us?"

We are always changing.  And while at some times life doesn't seem bearable, that feeling will change.

When you meet someone and you fall in love, and you are closer to each other than cells inside your own body, there should be no fear at all.  Just a oneness.

"When I'm with you, I feel greater than myself.  I have no fear, no doubts, no indecision.  When I'm with you, I feel like I can...almost reach out and touch God's hand....it doesn't get any better than this.  We're a match.  We are meant to be together."

Now that some time has passed, there's no regret.  Our lives had been charmed.  Even though the time we had together was short, it was full with a lifetime of experiences and fun, with some great hurt, but most of all, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment