Thursday, January 13, 2011

Strangers in Death
By J.D. Robb

It remained an amazement, her personal miracle, that he loved her. Loved her because of or in spite of everything. In all the world, with all its misery, after all the pain, they'd found each other.

She was the happiness he'd searched for all of his life.

How could anyone survive wanting, being wanted, like this? How could anyone live without it? He set a storm inside her of feelings, sensations, of desires that throbbed toward pain. A storm that raged and blew and thundered until there was nothing left of her but a drowning, helpless love.

She tilted her head back to look at him. "I saw you, and that's all it took. Sometimes I can't breathe, I love you so much...Even when things are just going smooth and we're just...living, I can look at you, and I've got no breath left."

"Every minute with you, I'm alive. I never knew before there were pieces of me unborn, just waiting for you. I'm alive with you, Eve."




Sometimes I feel this passionately about my man. I like to think he feels the same about me.

3 comments:

  1. JD Robb = Nora Roberts. Just in case you didn't know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do know, thanks! She is a great author. Hope you are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hanging in there. There are ups and downs. But I want to stay positive always. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete