Friday, July 20, 2012

Almost Perfect
By Julie Ortolon

She wanted the wonderful, caring, compassionate, yet still wounded man who stood before her. To love him and heal him and be healed in his arms.

"You don't have to earn love. It either is or it isn't."

But when he kissed me..." She patted her heart as her eyes turned dreamy. "Oh, when he kissed me...I knew. I just knew he was the man for me, no matter what the future held. I was gonna love that man as long as God let me."

"We may have found happiness elsewhere, but I'm convinced it wouldn't have been near as rich. Some things are just meant. That doesn't mean happiness will fall into your lap. You have to work past the scary stage to earn it, then nurture it daily once you have it."

"Sometimes the things we want take longer than we thought they would. That doesn't mean they won't happen."

"...I need to apologize to you. I broke one of the biggest rules of loving someone. I didn't tell you. I was so wrapped up with my conviction that actions mean more than words that I forgot the words are still important. And powerful."

"I love you absolutely. I have from the moment I first saw you, and I will with the last breath I take. Nothing you do will change that....I love you because you're a part of me and I'm a part of you. I want to spend my life watching you shine."
"I can't make you stay, though. Even if you love me back, that doesn't mean we're meant to be. But if you leave, I will still love you, always. I just want whatever is right for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment