Monday, January 26, 2009

Coping with Sickness

How do I cope? The news of my illness has been hard to take, but I lift us my eyes and heart to You, God, to forever remind me of Your mercy and to soothe me with the healing balm of Your love. If I remain centered in the grace of Your will for me, I know I can find the strength inside to live and to experience healing that my doctors would call a miracle. My faith is strong, and I know this experience will only serve to make it stronger. In You, God, let me find wholeness and freedom from this disease.

Do you need strength today? Sometimes it's easy to get down and discouraged when you're constantly looking at the circumstances of life. You may feel tired and weary from a long battle. But when you wait on the Lord, the Bible says, your strength will be renewed. Waiting on the Lord means you're putting your trust and hope in Him. You're living with an attitude of faith and expectancy.

God desires that you have victory in every area of your life. No matter what you may be facing today, God wants to make you more than a conqueror. Are you battling sickness? God wants to give you healing. Are you struggling with a broken relationship? God wants to give you restorations and peace. Are you facing a need - physically, spiritually, or emotionally? God wants to give you provisioin and supply all your needs according to His riches in glory.

I don't think I've ever been more scared than when my doctor told me about my condition. If I've needed Your help to get out of this bed and get on with my day, now is the time. I don't know why this is happening to me or what the ultimate outcome will be, but I am turning it all over to You. I know You will only give me what I can handle, and I trust that there is a higher reason behind this challenge I am about to face.

I don't know how to handle this illness that has taken over my body. I am so tired and down all the time, even after a good nights sleep. My way is simply not working toward healing, and I need to change my approach. Instead, I am putting You in charge of my body, my energy, and my healing. In return, I promise to have faith, keep my wits about me, and continue to give up control when I find I am holding on too hard to what is just not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment