Monday, January 26, 2009

Lost Love

Broken promises are deeply painful. Disappointment, shame, fear, mistrust, anger, grudges, even estrangement can come from someone not keeping his or her word. We've all had someone break a promise made to us, and on the flip side, most of us have broken a promise to someone else. If enough promises are broken - whether our own or those of the other person - what was a close relationship will invariably fracture. Trust may die and, with it, hope. But there is One who has never broken a promise and Who never will. His promises bring trust and hope back to life in us - comforting and healing our aching hearts.

As this love relationship comes to an end, my heart grieves for my loss. There are mornings when I awaken and feel like I don't know how to get through the day. But Your love reminds me that I am still alive and worthy of a new life. One day, I know that I will find a new love, someone who will make my heart feel light. With Your strength to carry me through this day, I know I can manage the pain and see the possibilities that are waiting just around the corner.

Just as each cloud is lined with silver, so , too, is each painful experience lined with the miracle of lessons learned and wisdom gained. God never takes something from us without giving us something else in return.

Lord, when my loved one died I thought I could never go on, but with each new morning I find that by turning to you and giving control of my life to you, I am renewed with the strength I need to get by. I know the path ahead is filled with suffering, loss, grief, and anguish, but I am moving on with the help of your grace and love. And in those moments when all is dark and bleak, I will give my burdens up to you, knowing you will always receive them from me and lighten my load.

No comments:

Post a Comment